Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Whoa Nellie!!!

Good thing the 6am class was stretch that allowed us to pretty much lay on the floor for an hour because after going all out yesterday our tanks were a little on the empty side!!!

Janette's hike was the easiest hike she has taken thus far (easy for her that is)!!!




Julie once again left her crew in the dust, so starting tomorrow she will be on the next level up for her hikes.

       Sorry no pictures from Julie yet, she is getting ANOTHER massage! ;-)



As for my hike, I had the famous STOP SIGN hike. Just to refresh your memories this is the one that is all on pavement, it is 4.3 miles to the top of a climb that is 1000ft in elevation, and once you reach the top you head back down to see if you can make to the bottom before the van comes by to pick you up. Here are the stats comparing last week to this week...

                                        Last Week                           This Week
Time:                              2h 22min                             2h 14mins
Distance                          7.64 miles                             8.61 miles
Avg Time per Mile        18.7mins                               15.5mins

So today not only was I able to make it all the way back to the start, I got there with enough time to eat my apple!!! 

So here is the summary for today:

6:00 - Stretch
7:00 - Breakfast: Fruit and Pineapple Muffin
8:00 - Hikes
11:15 - H2O Circuit (Julie) Free Weights Wrkshp (Janette and I)
12:25 - Lunch: Chicken Coconut Soup and Quinoa Lettuce Wrap




1:30 - Gym Class: Free play
2:30 - Deep Water Suspension (Julie) Cardio Intervals (Janette and I)
3:30 - Cardio Intervals (Janette and Julie) Total Toning (Me)
4:30 - Total Toning (We all did this one)
5:45 - Dinner: White Bean Chili and Dessert Parfait (Vanilla Chocolate tofu pudding)




You might have noticed that Janette and I avoided the pool today. Both of us were having trouble warming up after our hikes and had I gone into the pool I would have been like the iceberg that sunk the Titanic!! Bbbrrrrrrrrrrrr

After going all out on the Stop Sign my body was telling me "Whoa Nellie" through the afternoon classes but I still showed up and gave it the best I had even if I didn't go as fast as I have before or at the same intensity level. The lesson here is just show up. We aren't going to always get that runner's high and go forever with little effort. So just show up and give it WHATEVER you have in that moment. We don't know what tomorrow holds, it could be another runners high or tank half empty, but you won't know unless you just show up!!!

Good Night All! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment