Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pumpin' It Wednesday

I don't know how all you day shifters do it!?!? This gettin up to be in class at 6am and without coffee... let's just say it ain't pretty!!! Although, I will concede that it has its benefits when comes time to hit the trails.

The weather was a little overcast for our hikes today. Most of us got some sprinkles, while others actually saw a snow flake or two. The lucky part was that there wasn't a lot of wind. With these weather conditions you can be assured that Janette and I will not be making in splash in the pool!!!

Janette's hike was White Rock and this hike has a lot of up-hill and sand. The really cool thing about this hike... I get to do it tomorrow!!! Ugh





Julie's hike was Reverse White Rock, which means she got to start at the top and go down hill. **Unfortunately she didn't have any pictures at the time of this posting.


My hike was up to the top of Volcano Hill where we got some spectacular views. Over all we traveled about 4.3 miles and climbed in elevation from 4000ft up to about 4800ft.



Me, Kathy & Lisa







So here is the summary of today:

6:00 - Stretch
7:00 - Breakfast: Fruit and a Panini with Almond Butter, Jam and sliced Banana & Strawberry
8:00 - Hikes
11:15 - Stretch
12:25 - Lunch: Tomato Soup and Green Pizza (this time with a red sauce)
1:30 - Open Gym
2:30 - Mountain (Death after lunch!)
3:30 - Mountain (Double death but there was no way we were gettin in that pool!)
4:30 - Kickboxing (more bruising between the knuckles and I didn't get any chocolate for it either!!!)
5:30 - Dinner: Salmon with Orzo and Dessert Fruit (this was by far the best meal yet, sorry the picture doesn't do it justice but that salmon just melted in our mouth!)




7:15 - Field trip to Target to get some blister supplies and some cold medicine for Julie. Here is the loot I scored...

Additional layer for the next 2 hikes!!!


It's all about the lips and the feeties!!!



Julie didn't make it to the afternoon classes, she has been fighting off a cold the last couple days and finally her body said enough. It's a little surprising that we aren't all coming down with something because of all the toxin's we are flushing out of our systems from high intensity exercise and all the water we drink. Come to think of it... we have Treading tomorrow, ya know I think I am starting to feel a little sick myself!!! :-0


Today, Janette and I  were really PUMPIN it in Mountain class (BOTH of them) and not on purpose. I went all out on the first one and when I decided to stay in the gym instead of getting in the pool in the rain, I said I was just gonna go down to the end of the row of machines and take it easy. Then I hear Robin, the instructor, start calling out the times to increase the intensity and before I even knew what I was doing I was right back up to the top of the DARN Mountain. You gotta watch this instructors, they are sneaky little buggers and they will have you doing things you didn't even know you could do, let alone even know that you wanted to do them!!!


Please pray that Mother Nature takes it easy on us for our hikes tomorrow... that's right rain or shine we are hiking. Truthfully the people in Utah are just not in their right mind, thinkin it's perfectly fine to go out in this nasty cold weather!!! CRAZY!!!!


Well folks, that is all I got for you tonight. I hope this note finds you all doing well!

Good Night! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment