Friday, February 18, 2011

T.G.I.F.

This morning I did miss the 6am class but not because I slept in. I had an appointment to get my RMR (Resting Metabolic Rate) at 6:30 and you can't do any exercise prior to because it will skew the numbers.

Your RMR is the amount of calories you body burns in a day just to maintain itself. So if I were to lay around the house all day my body burns approximately 1600 calories, which is slightly faster than average. This comes as a relief to me because of my hypothyroid, I feared that I might be slower than average. If you are curious what your RMR is and don't have a way or want to pay for such a test, you can go to the web and do a search on RMR calculators. A good one to try is at shapeup.org. This won't be exact but it will give you a nice ballpark figure as to were you are at. Knowing this number will help us to know what it will require from us, calorie wise, to lose weight. Losing weight truly is very simple math... your calories IN have to be fewer than your calories OUT. Sounds simple enough, but as we all know simple doesn't mean EASY!!

Unfortunately, Julie is still feeling under the weather and actually went to the doctor to get some good meds. We hope that by tomorrow she will be on the road to recovery.

As for our hikes today, they try to make Friday more of a fun day. Don't get me wrong we are still working out for 7hrs!!! Both Janette had a fun hike and not quiet as taxing as previous hikes.

Janette hiked Volcano and got some good pictures.



Look close to see 2 white specs where the roads intersect, that's the van they drove up in.



My hike was at Three Ponds. We went about 4.4miles and traveled up about 500ft in elevation. The beautiful thing about this hike was there was NO SAND!!!! Eeeeeee








So her is the summary of today:

6:00 - Stretch (Janette) RMR Testing (me)
7:00 - Breakfast: Fruit Parfait (This tasted like the grain we feed but without molasses)



8:00 - Hikes
11:15 - Cardio Intervals
12:35 - Lunch: French Onion Soup and Chicken Cesar Salad (Very Good)




1:15 - Lecture: Budget Review (making a plan of action for when we go home)
2:30 - Zumba (Janette) Circuit Training (me)
3:30 - Circuit Training (both of us)
4:30 - Zumba (both of us)
5:30 - Dinner: Turkey Burger with Veggies and Dessert Orange Slices Drizzled with Chocolate (Yummy)




Today was the last full day for us and in a way it was our "Last Chance Workout" because tomorrow at 6:45am we are getting our final weigh in and measurements to see what we have accomplished these past two weeks. They will measure our weight, body fat, and measure the inches around our chest, waste and hips. These are good things to know but the changes that matter the most can't be measured with a scale or a tape measure. The changes that last happen on the inside... in our minds and most importantly in our hearts. So no matter what that scale says, for me this is just what I needed to get my "mojo" back. I am ready to go home but for some it may take longer and that's okay. I hope that those who need longer are able to make that investment in themselves and that they realize it is such a small price to pay for getting their lives back.

Good Night All!

And those of you out  in the "City" celebrating tonight, Salute!!! ☺>-|

No comments:

Post a Comment